What is included in the tour
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- All the rooms are base category, unless indicated separately
- Meal Plan (MAPAI)
- Hotel taxes applicable (as per itinerary).
- 01 bottled water per day per person.
- Guide / Escort charges for Bhutan portion only.
- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for all transfers & sightseeing as per itinerary. The concept of disposal vehicles is not practiced in Bhutan. The guide and the vehicle shall be available with the guests from 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Air Fare/Train fare, insurance premium, any other activities like rafting, archery etc for which supplemental chares will be applicable to be paid by the guests directly.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone bills, bar bills, tips & gratuity, bottled water etc.
- Entrance Fees for museums and monuments, Upgradation Charges and Optional Tours to be paid by the guests directly on the spot.
- Any additional costs because of additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle other than mentioned in the itinerary will be recovered directly from the guests. Such additional costs are also applicable for usage of vehicle and guide beyond the specified time or normal working hours as mentioned above.
- Any cost arising due to unforeseen events like landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc. Such expenses will be recovered directly from the guests on the spot.
- Any increase in government taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Anything which is not included in the inclusion.
Day 01: NJP Rly Station / IXB Airport - Phuentsholing
(Distance: 170 kms. / Driving Time: 5 hrs. / Altitude of Phuentsholing: 293 mts.)
On arrival at NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport you will be transferred to Phuentsholing, border town of Southern Bhutan and a thriving commercial centre. On arrival in Phuentsholing, you would be greeted by your Bhutanese Guide. You can spend time taking the photographs of the huge ornate gate that welcomes you to Bhutan. Later check in at the hotel. Evening free for leisure. Overnight stay at the hotel in Phuentsholing.
Day 02: Phuentsholing - Thimphu
(Distance: 176 kms. / Driving Time: 6 hrs. / Altitude of Thimphu: 2,350 mts.)
After breakfast complete the immigration formalities and get transferred to Thimphu (7,710 ft.) the capital city of Bhutan. On the way stop at Kharbandi Goemba, a monastery was founded by the Royal Grand Mother, Ashi Phuntsho Choden in the year 1967. The Monastery lies at an altitude of 400 m. It contains paintings on the life of Buddha, statues of Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal and Guru Rinpoche. A fascinating view of Phuentsholing town and surrounding plains can be seen from the Monastery garden. Later continue your drive to Thimphu. On the way you shall see and experience how the plains become small foothills and then the big Himalayan Slopes. On arrival check in at the hotel. Evening free for leisure. Overnight stay at the hotel in Thimphu.
Day 03: Thimphu Sightseeing
After breakfast you would be taken for tour of Thimphu City. You would be visiting Kuensel Phodrang, the gigantic Buddha Dordenma Statue located atop a hill offering magnificent view of Thimphu Town; National Memorial Chorten, a Stupa built in 1974 to honour the third King, Jigme Dorji Wangchuck circumambulated by people offering prayers; Folk Heritage Museum, traditional house giving an insight to the Bhutanese lifestyle and artefacts from the rural households; Changangkha Lhakhang, one of the oldest temple in Thimphu and Motithang Takin Reserve, a wildlife reserve centre for Takin, the national animal of Bhutan. In the evening visit Tashichho Dzong, Fortress of the Glorious Religion. This impressive fortress houses some ministries, His Majesty’s secretariat, and the central monk body. Overnight at the hotel in Thimphu.
Day 04: Thimphu - Punakha / Wangdue Sightseeing
(Distance: 77 kms. / Driving Time: 2 hrs. / Altitude of Punakha: 1,310 mts.)
After breakfast, you will be driven to Punakha, the former capital of Bhutan. On the way, stop at Immigration Check Point in Hongtsho Village to get the permit stamped which is to be returned in your return journey. Later halt at Dochula Pass, situated at an altitude of 3,100 mts. From here on a clear sunny day, you get a magnificent view of the Himalayas. The landmarks around the pass includes 108 Druk Wangyal Stupas built under the patronage of Queen Ashi Dorji Wangmo Wangchuk. Continue your drive to Punakha / Wangdue. On arrival in Punakha visit Punakha Dzong, one of the most beautiful dzongs of Bhutan located at the confluence of Mo Chhu and Po Chhu Rivers built in 1637 by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal and Chimi Lhakhang also known as “The Temple of Fertility” built by Lama Drukpa Kuenley, "Devine Mad Man". It is a short hike of around 30 - 45 minutes. Later check in at the hotel. Evening is free for leisure. Overnight at the hotel in Punakha / Wangdue.
Day 05: Punakha / Wangdue - Paro Sightseeing
(Distance: 140 kms. / Driving Time: 4 hrs. / Altitude of Paro: 2,280 mts.)
After breakfast, you would be driven to Paro. On the way, stop at Immigration Check Point in Hongtsho Village to return the permit which was stamped earlier. Enroute stop at Tamchog Lhakhang, situated between Thimphu and Paro built in the 13th century by Thangthong Gyalpo also known as the Iron bridge builder. Continue your drive to Paro. On arrival at Paro visit Ta Dzong, an ancient watch tower overlooking Rimpung Dzong built in 1951 now converted into national museum; Nemi Zam Bridge, also know as Nya Mey Zam Bridge is a traditional covered cantilever bridge connecting the Paro town to the Dzong and Kyichu Lakhang, one of the oldest and most sacred temples of Bhutan. Later check in at the hotel. Evening free for leisure. Overnight at the hotel in Paro.
Day 06: Paro Sightseeing
After breakfast visit Taktsang Monastery (Tiger's Nest), home of gods and monks located at an altitude of 3100m in the Upper Paro Valley, Bhutan. As per legend, Guru Rinpoche arrived here on the back of a tigress and meditated at this monastery. The hike to the Monastery takes about 5 - 6 hours to complete. As the hike to Taktsang Monastery is steep coupled with stiff stairs, it is not recommended to take the hike with small children and elderly people. On the way drive past Drukgel Dzong, a Buddhist monastery built by Tenzin Drukdra in 17th century to commemorate the victory of the Bhutanese over the invaders from Tibet it is now in ruins. At present renovation of the Dzong is under progress. Evening is free for leisure. Overnight at the hotel in Paro.
Day 07: Excursion to Chele La Pass
(Distance: 40 kms. One way / Driving Time: 2 hrs., Altitude of Chele La Pass - 3,810 mts)
After breakfast, you would be taken for an excursion to Chele La Pass, the highest motorable pass in Bhutan and separates Paro Valley and the Haa Valley. The ride passes through lush valleys, pine and rhododendron forest. On a clear day, the pass provides splendid view of mountains Jomolhari and Jichu Drake. Here you will see hundreds of colourful prayer flags fluttering in the winds. From here you can also see Paro Valley on side and Haa Valley on the other. The pass is also rich in Bhutanese Flora and birdlife. It also offers some beautiful short treks. Later return back to the hotel. Evening is free for leisure. Overnight stay at the hotel in Paro.
Day 08: Paro - Phuentsholing
(Distance: 200 kms. / Driving Time: 7 hrs. / Altitude of Phuentsholing: 293 mts.)
After breakfast check out from hotel. Later you would be driven to Phuentsholing. On arrival check in at the hotel. Overnight stay at the hotel in Phuentsholing.
Day 09: Phuentsholing - NJP Railway Station/IXB Airport
(Distance: 170 kms. / Driving Time: 5 hrs. / Altitude of NJP/IXB: 89 mts.)
After breakfast check out from the hotel. Later you would be transferred to NJP Railway Station / IXB Airport for your onward journey. Tashi Delek!
- GST 5 % extra (or any other rate as notified by the Government) on total bill amount.
- The rates are valid for Indian nationals only holding valid Indian Passport or Voter I Card.
- The rates mentioned above are nett and non-commissionable
- Supplement charges applicable for festival seasons, Christmas and new year.
- For any customization of the packages, Kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and one of our support team will assist you within 12 hours.