Indian Splendor Journey
Delhi - Agra - Ranthambore - Jaipur - Bikaner - Jodhpur - Udaipur - Balasinor - Mumbai
A meticulously crafted itinerary which includes a dash of royalty, palaces, forts, sand dunes, wildlife and cultural excursions will bring out the best of the India's royal traditions, art and vibrant culture. A journey spanning over 8 days and 7 nights in the magnificence of Asia's most luxurious train brings out an amazing concoction of the myriad hues of this vast and diverse land. Adding to the royal experience is the delectable cuisines, impeccable hospitality and guided off-train excursions bringing out the best of the splendors of the incredible India.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in double / twin bedded cabins with attached bathrooms
- All meals, soft beverages, house brands of Indian wines, beer and spirits
- Butler service, complimentary tea, coffee and mineral water on board
- Guided off train tours as included in the journeys inclusive of entrance fees, still camera fee, transport and services of a guide
- Porter charges at stations
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any optional tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- Taxes, insurance, gratuities, telephone calls, laundry
- Alcoholic beverages (apart from the house brands)
- Video, film and professional still camera fees and arrival and departure transfers
- International and domestic air tickets
- Pre and post tour accommodation
- Any tour extensions unless specifically mentioned as part of the journeys.
- Government of India service tax of 4.6% shall be levied on the tariff.
- Commercial Tax USD 15 Per pax
- 10 % surcharge will be levied on the tariff for the trips falling during Christmas and New Year.
- Children upto 5 years of age are free.
- Half Fare for Children between 5 and 12 years of age.
The Maharaja's journeys are crafted to offer you a glimpse into this rich heritage and culture of India through:
- Cultural immersions through insider experiences
- Visits to forts and palaces replete with history
- Guided tours to World Heritage Sites
- Excursions into National Parks to witness untamed wildlife
- Arrangement of folk dances at select destinations performed by local artists
- Traditional Indian hospitality
Whereas the life off the train is designed to offer cultural interactions, life on board is all about refinement, opulence and elegance. All guest salons are been named after a precious stone or the Navratnas. Each coach incorporates the gemstone after which they are named as its motif.
For optimum comfort and luxury, each guest cabins are equipped with:
- A spacious wardrobe
- Individual climate control
- Luggage hold underneath the bed
- 24hrs availability of paramedic on Board.
- Electronic smoke detection systems & free Wi-Fi internet.
- Live television and CCTV cameras for all public areas
- Direct International dial telephone facility in each passenger cabin.
- Attached washroom in all categories of room
- Air Ambulance service in case of emergencies
Suites and Presidential Suites are also equipped with:
- Mini Bar
- Bathrooms with wash basin, WC, shower cubicle, a full bath tub with running hot and cold water
- Spacious sitting area
The Facilities that distinct the Maharajas Train with others:
- Live television and CCTV cameras for all public areas
- Most Spacious Passenger Cabins (Presidential Suite - 43.1 Sq. mt)
- 24hrs availability of paramedic on Board
- Air Ambulance service in case of emergencies
- On Board water filtration plant.
Gourmet dining on board the maharaja train is arranged in 2 dining cars which are named Rang Mahal (Color Palace) and Mayur Mahal (Peacock Palace). The plates are fine Limoges, edged with gold, the glasses Swarovski hand-cut crystal and the cutlery monogrammed with the letter M. Variety of cuisine served on board include:
- Lactose Free Meals
- Kosher Meal
- Ovo Lacto Veg Meal
- Gluten Free Meal
- Jain Meal
- Non Vegetarian Meal
- Vegan Meal
- Vegetarian Meal
Guests could engage in recreational activities inside the Rajah Club - Lounge Car. Rajah Club has a well stocked library with general books and pictorial guidebooks offering glimpses of Indian Maharajas who used rule their kingdom before India became democracy. Board games and card games could also be enjoyed in Rajah Club over sip of your favorite wine. At one end stands the bar and at the other stands a souvenir shop named Treasure Chest from where you could buy mementos of this royal train journey.
Come live a Maharaja life now on board most luxurious train in the world. Embark on a saga of adventure, elegance and romance on board Maharajas' Express, which definitely is one of the finest travel experiences in the world, a journey like no other.
Embarkation & Disembarkation (Indian Splendour)
Check-in Venue & Timing - Safdarjung Railway Station, Delhi/ 2000 hrs
Departure Station & Timing - Delhi - Safdarjung Station / 2200 hrs
Arrival Station & Timing - Mumbai - Lokmanya Tilak Terminus/ 0815 hrs
Guests boarding the Maharaja Express have to report at least an hour before the train's departure at a pre-assigned venue in Delhi for the pre-boarding facilities. All final details related to the meeting point will be emailed or handed over along with the journey's travel vouchers and documents, around 14 days before the departure date.
Day 1 Boarding at Safdarjung Railway Station, New Delhi
Arrive at railway station for your check in formalities which will commence at 20:30 IST.
A royal welcome in traditional Indian style will greet you at the station, Sip on your welcome drink even as formalities are completed
The train will depart for Agra at 2200 hours
Relax and recuperate in the plush coupes of the train after a delectable dining in restaurants of the train
- Welcome Ceremony at Safdarjung Railway Station, New Delhi
Day 2 Agra
Arrive in Agra early in the morning and pay an early morning visit to Taj Mahal, a jewel of Mughal architecture and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
An endearing breakfast session with champagne at the Taj Khema overlooking Taj Mahal constitute the highlight of the day.
Afterwards you have option of a shopping tour in Agra or local sightseeing tours to Itmad-ud-Daula Tomb and Fatehpur Sikri, a ghost town and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Post lunch, you will be visiting Agra Fort or may choose optional activities such as private shopping or spa in a luxury hotel.
Return to the comfort of train or optionally you may choose to watch 'Mohabbat the Taj' show before returning for dinner on board and overnight stay as the train leaves for Ranthambore National Park, the next destination of the Indian Splendor itinerary aboard Maharajas Express.
- Visit to Taj Mahal
- Breakfast with champagne at Taj Khema
- Optional shopping tour or sightseeing tours to Itmad-ud-Daula Tomb and Fatehpur Sikri
- Spa Session at Palace hotel (Non-Mandatory)
- Visit Agra Fort after lunch
Day 3 Sawai Madhopur (Ranthambore National Park) - Jaipur
Post breakfast on board the train, embark on a thrilling game safari to Ranthambore National Park in the morning.
Departure for Jaipur. Lunch will be served on board
The activity planned in Jaipur today is a visit to the Royal Observatory (Jantar Mantar). Optionally, you may also choose activities such as Spa facilities at a Palace hotel, visit to Amer Fort, private shopping tour or a golf session at Rambagh Golf club.
Later, proceed to City Palace/Jai Mahal Palace for an exclusive Elephant Activity where guests may choose to indulge to paint them, feed them or take a joy ride followed by dinner.
Return to train for dinner and overnight stay.
- Game Safari to Ranthambore National Park
- Visit Amber fort, Jaipur
- Elephant Painting & other activities
- Optional shopping tour/local sightseeing to the City Palace complex and Jantar Mantar
- Play golf game/spa session (Non-Mandatory)
Day 4 Bikaner
Early morning on the 4th day, you will arrive in the deserted kingdom of Bikaner.
Afterwards you can take an optional tour to either Lalgarh Palace or Deshnok Temple.
In the afternoon, a tour to the majestic Junagarh Fort.
After lunch, partake in a camel cart procession around the undulating sand dunes. Later in the evening, enjoy the folk dance performance by Kalbeliyas and Langaas over sundowner cocktails and barbecue dinner amidst Sam sand dunes.
Dinner and overnight stay aboard the train.
- Sightseeing Lalgarh Palace/Deshnok Temple/Cattle Breeding Farm (Optional)
- Visit to Junagarh Fort
- Sand dune excursion on a camel carter
- Cultural performances by the Kalbeliya and Langa artists
Day 5 Jodhpur
After an unhurried breakfast, go on a jeep safari to Bishnoi's abode Rohet for a cultural experience. Rohet is a haven for Black Buck Antelope.
Lunch on board.
Post-lunch expedition to Mehrangarh Fort and Old Clock Tower Market.
Optionally, you may also choose to rejuvenate yourself with spa facilities at a 5 star hotel, visit Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum and Jaswant Thada or else go for a private shopping tour.
In the evening today, an exclusive Royal Cocktail evening is arranged for you with cultural performance (puppet show) at Hanwant Mahal which will be concluded with a show of fireworks.
Post dinner, return to the train for overnight stay.
- Jeep safari to Bishnoi's abode Rohet
- Relish a Gala dinner in Hanwant Mahal
- Spa Session (Non-Mandatory)
- Trip to Mehrangarh Fort and Old Clock Tower Market
Day 6 Udaipur
On the 6th day of the sojourn, you will arrive in the city of lakes - Udaipur.
After a leisurely breakfast, embark on local sightseeing tour to City Palace and Crystal Gallery.
After a sumptuous lunch, Later, return to the train or embark on a walking tour across Old Bazaar, go for a spa session at leading hotel in the city, or attend the light and sound show (if the time allows.
Dinner and overnight stay onboard the train.
- Sightseeing tour to City Palace and Crystal Gallery in Udaipur.
- Indulge in a Royal Lunch at either Satkar Mahal or Fatehprakash Palace/Jag Mandir
- Walking tour across Old Bazaar.
- Optional Shopping tour or spa session.
Day 7 Balasinor
On the 7th day of the tour itinerary, you will arrive in Balasinor, home to India's Jurassic park.
After breakfast, embark on a sightseeing excursion to the Dinosaur Fossil Park followed by a visit to the local village.
Rendezvous with the royal family of Balasinor over a royal lunch.
Return to the luxury and pampering of Maharajas Express train for dinner and overnight stay.
- Visit one of the largest dinosaur fossil parks in the world
- Visit to the local village of Balasinor
- Royal lunch with the royal family of Balasinor
Day 8 Mumbai
Today your opulent ride on board one of the most luxurious trains in the world comes to an end.
Bid adieu to the Indian Splendor itinerary onboard the Maharajas Express on the eighth day of your luxury train tour.